Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
KCC > Community > College Info > Consumer Information and Disclosures > Non-instructional Complaint

Non-instructional Complaint

The following procedure and form are used to file a formal complaint related to college processes, services, departments or a student. Please attempt to resolve your concern or issue with the individual or department before filing a formal complaint.

The college will follow its Administrative Procedures for Student Complaints and Grievances of Discrimination and Sexual Harassment.

If an issue is not resolved at the college level, you may file a complaint with the Illinois Board of Higher Education​.


After a complaint is received, it is sent to the appropriate administrator, who will do one of the following

  • Concur with the findings and resolution
  • Dismiss the charge
  • Suggest a new resolution


If you feel that due process was not followed, an appeal can be made to the dean of Student Development within 10 working days from the receipt of the administrative decision.

A decision regarding the appeal will be made within 10 working days by the dean of Student Development. The decision on the appeal is final.

If your complaint relates to discrimination, harassment or sexual misconduct, please use the form for that purpose.

Complete the form below to file a formal complaint.