Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
KCC > Admissions & Registration > Registration

Register for Classes

Generally, registration starts in:​​​

  • March for summer term
  • April for fall semester
  • October for spring semester​

Check the academic calendar for specific registration dates.

To find a list of classes currently offered and listed as upcoming, search the Classes page.

Returning students

Eligible continuing and returning students can register for classes online using Self-Service.

Register online

Y​ou must meet these requirements:

  • Currently enrolled or completed at least 1 college credit hour at KCC in the past three years
  • Completed a Master Academic Plan (MAP)

Log in and use Student Self-Service. After registering, you will receive a confirmation email, sent to your KCC email account.

For those not able to register online, you may email your advisor at, or call Student Affairs at 815-802-8500.​ Please leave a voicemail and we will reach out to you!

New to KCC

Whether you’re here to start a degree or take a few classes, KCC welcomes you. To register for classes, new students (and those returning after more than three years) should: 

  1. Apply online.
  2. Register for a Cav Day based on the term you are planning to start.
  3. Submit test scores (or high school or college transcripts in lieu of placement testing).
  4. Attend your Cav Day and get registered for classes.

Visiting from another college/university

Get ahead on your college or university’s courses and save tuition money by taking a class or two from KCC. To register as a Visiting student, you must first:

  1. Apply online.
  2. Submit a Visiting Student form along with your current college transcript and the classes you would like to register for.
  3. A representative from Student Affairs will contact you within 5 business days.

​Dual Credit, Early College and College Now students

Area high school students wanting to enroll in Dual Credit, Early College, or College Now programs should contact their high school guidance counselor for the next steps.

Need help?

KCC is here to assist you along the way. You may reach out to your advisor via email or phone; or contact Student Affairs or 815-802-8500.