Whether it's looking for a part-time job or a job shadow to support your classroom experience and get first-hand knowledge about your major and career, or a full-time professional position, Continuing Education & Career Services provides a connection to hundreds of current employment opportunities. Let us help prepare you for your next step through our Career Preparation Workshops!
- Job searches/networking
- Resume & cover letters
- Interviewing skills
Upcoming Workshop: Learn to LOVE LinkedIn
Wednesday, June 27 • FREE event! Registration not required
KCC Workforce Development Center Conference Hall
Presenter, Wayne Breitbarth
Choose one or both presentations:
LinkedIn: A Student’s Fast Track to Internships and Jobs
10 a.m. - noon
If you’re interested in quickly and easily creating a strong LinkedIn presence and growing a network that will open doors, this class is for you. Learn to:
- Create a winning profile that will grab the attention of recruiters and employers
- Tap into an endless database of resources and opportunities
- Develop a network that will be anxious to help you land a job
- Discover the keywords that will catapult you in the search results
- Uncover information that will improve your chances of getting the job
- Connect with school alumni to locate opportunities in your field of interest
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn how you can stand out from the masses and land a job where your skills will be valued and opportunities for advancement abound.
The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success
This class has something for everyone. Whether you’re a social media novice or savvy user, you’ll come away with action steps that can produce immediate results. You’ll learn how to:
- Use your experience and relationships to meet your business and career goals
- Create a compelling profile that will help the right people find you
- Successfully search for potential customers, employers, suppliers, employees, etc.
- Effectively engage with LinkedIn members who can help you
- Use hidden LinkedIn features to generate significant business opportunities
Everyone is marketing something—whether it’s yourself or your business. Don’t let another day pass without acquiring the knowledge you need to open doors and get dramatic results.
• • • •
Wayne Breitbarth is the CEO of Power Formula LLC. He has shared his expertise with more than 80,000 business professionals through private business consulting, dynamic presentations to worldwide audiences, and his critically acclaimed book The Power Formula for LinkedIn Success (now in its third edition). He has been featured in Forbes, Inc., Wired, and American Express Open Forum and seen on NBC and Fox Business.
Breitbarth is also a certified public accountant, with degrees from the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater and Marquette University.
• • • •
The event is sponsored by KCC’s Career Services Office and KCC’s Young Adult Program.
More information: phone Ken Crite, coordinator of KCC’s Career Services Center, 815-802-8222.