PTA program goal
To meet the needs of the health care community and the physical therapy profession within the standards and guidelines of all regulatory agencies governing the Physical Therapist Assistant program, the PTA program has but one goal: To graduate competent entry-level physical therapist assistants who function effectively under the direction and supervision of a physical therapist.
PTA program objectives
Upon successful completion of the Physical Therapist Assistant Program at KCC, the graduate will demonstrate the knowledge, problem-solving ability, skills, philosophy and attitude necessary for the following:
- Communication, Education, and Documentation - Collaborate effectively as members of an
interprofessional healthcare team by communicating in ways that are congruent
with situational needs in all interactions within the role and responsibilities
of the Physical Therapist Assistant.
- Patient/Client Care and
Management - Incorporate sound clinical reasoning and problem solving
to provide evidence-based and patient-centered care to diverse populations
across the lifespan by effectively and efficiently carrying out the physical
therapy plan of care as competent Physical Therapist Assistants under the
direction and supervision of the Physical Therapist.
- Participation in Health Care Environment and Practice Management - Contribute to high-quality practice management in both patient care and non-patient care activities in an ever-changing healthcare environment.
- Behavior and Conduct - Exhibit expected clinical behaviors in a professional and culturally competent and sensitive manner and that are consistent with established core professional values and established ethical and legal guidelines.
- Career Development and Lifelong Learning - Pursue lifelong personal and professional development through self-assessment, career development and lifelong learning opportunities to improve knowledge, skills, and behaviors.
- Social Responsibility - Enhance quality of life and health and wellness of the community by promoting an awareness of social responsibility, citizenship, and advocacy.