The Physical Therapist Assistant program at KCC engages in continuous and systematic evaluation and improvement. We welcome your comments, suggestions, ideas, and constructive criticism as part of that process.
College grievance/due process policies provide a voice for current and prospective students, employees, and other affiliated persons. Individuals who do not have a formal affiliation with this institution or program also are welcome to provide comments or complaints according to the following policy.
- This process is only for comments or complaints that cannot be addressed by existing grievance / due process procedures described in the KCC catalog, Personnel Policy and Procedures Handbook or the PTA Student Guidebook.
- Comments/complaints must be provided in writing and signed by the author. Anonymous submissions will not be acknowledged, nor will written comments provided on behalf of an anonymous source.
- Comments/complaints must be submitted via email to email@example.com or to the following:
PTA program director
Kankakee Community College
100 College Drive
Kankakee, IL 60901
- The PTA program director shall respond to all eligible comments/complaints within 10 working days of receiving the comment/complaint to further discuss and resolve any issue. In the case of complaints, if satisfactory resolution is not or cannot be reached, an appeal may be made to the associate dean of health careers with five (5) working days from the receipt of a decision. If satisfactory resolution is not or cannot be reached, appeal may be made to the vice president for academic affairs within five (5) working days from receipt of a decision. If a satisfactory resolution is not or cannot be reached, appeal may be made to the office of the president within five (5) working days from receipt of a decision. A decision regarding an appeal will be made within 10 working days at each administrative level. The decision of the president is final and is not subject to further appeal. The division associate dean, vice president, or president will not become involved until all attempts to resolve the issue with the program director have been exhausted, unless the comment is directly related to the performance of the program director. All individuals are free to make use f the appeals procedure without fear of prejudice, restrains, coercion, or reprisal of any kind.
- Records of all correspondence will be confidentially maintained by the appropriate college personnel for five (5) years. These records are not open to the public.