Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
KCC > Future Students > Paying for College > Cost to Attend KCC > 1098-T Forms

1098-T Forms

KCC can only provide you with the following 1098-T information. Please consult your tax preparer or a tax advisor for further information.

What is a 1098-T?

  • The 1098-T Tax form that you received reports amounts paid by you for qualified tuition and related expenses, as well as other related information. (calendar year based).
  • You, or the person who may claim you as a dependent, may be able to take either the tuition and fees deduction or claim an education credit  on Form 1040 or 1040A for the qualified tuition and related expense that were actually paid during the calendar year.
  • There is no IRS requirement that you must claim the tuition and fees deduction or an education credit. Claiming education tax benefits is a voluntary decision for those who may qualify.
  • There is no need to attach Form 1098-T to your tax return.
  • Please refer to the IRS Publication 970, Tax Benefits for Education and Form 8863, Education Credits for more information.

Can I access my 1098-T online?

Yes! You can securely access your 1098-T form online. You must give your consent to view the 1098-T form electronically. The form also can be printed. 

To give consent:

  1. Login to KCC Self-Service account
  2. Click on Tax Information 
  3. Click on the 1098 information link
  4. Follow the promts to give consent.
  5. Save changes.

Remember: If you opt to access your 1098-T tax form electronically, you will not receive a paper copy in the mail.  

When will I receive my 1098-T?

For those who opt to access their 1098-T forms electronically, forms will be available sometime prior to Jan.  31. For those opting to receive a paper form, 1098-Ts will be mailed by Jan. 31 to qualifying students’ permanent addresses.

You may not receive a 1098-T form if

  • Your sponsorship payments exceeded the qualified tuition and related expenses. In that case, the IRS does not require KCC to send you one.
  • We do not have a valid permanent address on file for you.

What if I need to correct my Social Security Number or tax identification number (TIN)?

Please print and complete a W-9S form and return to KCC's Admissions Office.