Within seven business days after submitting the FAFSA online, you will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) at the email address you provided. If you did not provide an email address, the SAR will be sent to your mailing address.
Review the SAR immediately for errors. If corrections are needed, log into the FAFSA website and follow the correction instructions.
You will receive important information by email from the KCC Office of Financial Aid. Make sure to read all documents thoroughly. Check your student email often (or learn how to forward it to a preferred email) to be sure you don't miss any important information.
Financial Aid Self-Service
The new Financial Aid Self-Service module has all the financial aid details you need, any time you want it.
- Log in to http://my.kcc.edu
- Under College Applications, choose Student Self-Service
- Choose Financial Aid
You'll find: FAFSA status, Next steps/process, Forms (links and downloads), Award info, and more! Make sure to return any requested documents as soon as possible to ensure file completion in a timely manner.
Self-Service Checklist Items
Submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA): School Code-007690
- You must do this beginning Oct. 1 each year.
- You will receive a letter and email from the Office of Financial Aid when your FAFSA has been received.
Complete Required Documents
Your Application is being reviewed by the Financial Aid Office
- We've received your FAFSA and all requested documents and we are working on finishing your award package. It can take several weeks to process a file.
- We will notify you by email if further information is needed or when your awards are ready to review.
Review and accept your Financial Aid Award Package
- 'Accepted' status: You are eligible to receive the award. Proration and eligibility restrictions still apply. Make sure to complete all required documents.
- 'Estimated' status: There is a hold on the award. Check to see if you are missing any required documents. Contact us for more information.
Review and sign your Financial Aid Award Letter
- If you are not eligible for any awards, and wish to apply for Federal Stafford Student Loans, please visit our office for a loan application.
You can view your “anticipated” refund in Student Self-Service, after signing in. You can check disbursement dates on the Financial Aid Calendar. If award funds exceed KCC costs, a refund check will be issued to you. The date of financial aid disbursement is affected by enrollment in late-starting classes.