KCC offers degree programs and certificates that ensure graduates are ready for a globally competitive job market, using CTE and STEM initiatives.
What is CTE?
Career Technical Education (CTE) provides students with the skills, technical knowledge, academics and experience they need to enter high-skill, high-demand, high-wage careers.
Infographics: Agriculture • Healthcare • Welding
CTE programs typically:
- Partner with employers to design high-quality and dynamic programs
- Prepare students to succeed
- Ensure a globally competitive U.S. workforce
What is STEM?
STEM education emphasizes Science, Technology, Engineering and Math studies.
- Improve students' critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Drive technological and scientific advancement
STEM programs increase gender and race diversity in students studying those subjects. For example, NASA's Aspire 2 Inspire website provides information for young women in grades 8 through 12.
For more information, contact:
Associate Dean, Business and Technology Division
Associate Dean, Math, Science and Engineering Division