If an item is not owned by the Miner Memorial Library and is not available online in full text (journal articles) you can request the material through our interlibrary loan service. Follow these steps:
1. Search KCC's online catalog
Enter criteria in KCC online catalog search dialog.
2. Search I-Share
If an item was not available in the KCC Online Catalog, the following screen will display. Click on Repeat search in the I-Share Catalog.
After the search results are displayed, select the item you would like to request. The following screen will display:
- If you have not already logged in to the I-Share catalog, you will be asked to login/create a new account. After doing so, you will be directed back to the item and will need to click on Request this item again.
- Click on Choose Pick-Up Location.
- The default options are set to pick up at KCC at the circulation desk. If you would like to pick it up at another school, you may choose that location from the drop down menu. When these options are as you would like them, click on the Request button.
3. Search WorldCat
If an item is not found in KCC's catalog or in the I-Share catalog, you can search for and request items using WorldCat. The authorization and password for this catalog are available in the library or by calling the circulation desk, 815-802-8400.
- Go to FirstSearch.
- Choose WorldCat from the Databases tab.
- Search for your item.
- Select the ILL button and fill in the appropriate information to route your request to a staff member for processing.
- Once the item is received in the library you will be contacted by phone or email.
For additional information or assistance contact Tracy Conner, at email@example.com or 815-802-8403, or review the Interlibrary Loan Policy.