Provide an engaging and intentional experience that introduces new students with the foundational knowledge needed for a successful transition to the KCC community—while learning to navigate the academic parameters of their chosen program.
As a result of attending Cav Day, incoming KCC students will...
- Understand expectations surrounding KCC policies, code of conduct and student success.
- Develop relationships with members of the KCC community and recognize various resources available in person and online.
- Complete institutional onboarding requirements and begin the semester feeling at ease knowing they completed all necessary steps.
- Understand academic requirements regarding their academic program including important dates, deadlines and graduation requirements.
- Register for classes with the direct support of an academic advisor.
- Become comfortable asking questions and navigating the college.
- Establish a sense of excitement and KCC pride.