The Hammes Bookstore is on the first floor of KCC's Riverfront Campus, on the far east side of the main building.
The bookstore sells required textbooks, school supplies, greeting cards, and gift items, including KCC clothing. Gift certificates also are available. You can also purchase computers and Arena food cards.
An online bookstore is available, too.
The bookstore accepts cash, checks, and Visa®, MasterCard® and Discover® cards.
Textbooks may change from semester to semester. When a textbook edition changes, and the book is kept past the refund or buyback deadline, it is not returnable. Therefore, it is recommended that you purchase books only for the upcoming semester.
** Some classes offer textbook rentals - Call 815-802-8590 or visit the bookstore for details **
Purchase fall 2020 books/materials
Only students who are using financial aid or renting textbooks need to come on campus to buy books.
To order online - Go to KCC's online bookstore. Textbooks ordered online are chosen using KCC course numbers. Books ordered online can be shipped to your home or picked up during the hours listed here. Please consider having your books shipped – it’s direct to your home, saves time and fuel.
Mask & photo ID required ▪ Enter through Welcome Center
Monday-Thursday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Friday, 8:30 am to 1:00 pm
Money in your pocket. Reduced textbook prices for other students.
The bookstore purchases select used textbooks at a percentage of the original cost during specified Buyback Days are at the end of each semester.
Mask & photo ID required
Dec. 7-14, Times and location to be determined
- Books must be in "like new" condition with a no more that 15 pages of highlighting and no water damage or torn pages.
- A photo or student ID is required for all buyback transactions.
- Information on which books can be bought back by the bookstore is only available on buyback dates because the wholesale company must scan the barcode to know if they are taking it back. Anyone with questions can call 815-802-8590 or send an email.
Rental returns - Fall 2020
See the rental agreement for requirements.
Rentals are due by 5 p.m. Dec. 11, 2020
- Aug 3 - Fall textbooks available
- Aug. 17, 2020 - Fall 2020 classes begin
- Aug. 28 - Last day to return fall books for a refund
- Sep 18 - Last day to charge to financial aid for fall term
All bookstore returns must be accompanied by a cash register receipt and student I.D. No exceptions. No returns are accepted after the published return dates for a specified term.
If you decide not to take a credit division course for which you purchased a book, you may return the textbook within the first two weeks of the semester. A receipt is required. You will receive a full refund if the book is in new condition. Packaged access codes sold with textbooks are not returnable if the access code has been revealed.
If you have a late starting class, you have one week from the first day of the class to return the book for a refund (a receipt and copy of your schedule are required).
Questions? Phone 815-802-8590