As part of KCC's Microsoft Software License Agreement, faculty and full-time staff have access to Office 365 for Education. This program allows employees to obtain a copy for home use.
Full- or part-time teachers and staff at qualifying schools are eligible if they:
- Have a school-specific email address provided by the school (for example, kcc.edu) that can receive external email
- Are of legal age to sign up for an online offer individually (13 years old)
- Have Internet access
At expiration, the Office applications enter a reduced-functionality mode, which means documents can be viewed but it isn’t possible to edit or create new documents. In addition, online services associated with the school email address, for example Office Online and OneDrive, will no longer work.
To access the Microsoft Office 365 software, please follow the steps below:
- Open a web browser and Click here. By accessing this web site and providing your email address, you are consenting that you understand and agree to the terms of Microsoft Office in Education License Agreement.
- Enter your college email address and password. Staff will use (email@example.com) .
- There are two check boxes you should uncheck before installing. Make Bing your search engine and Make MSN your browser homepage.
- Click [Install now].
- A popup will ask you to Run/Save the Office Setup File. Go ahead and Click [Run].
For Google Chrome users, it will automatically download to your download’s folder. In this case Click on the down arrow and select [Open].
Click [Yes]. To allow Microsoft to run Setup on your computer. A progress box will show up followed by a notification in your System Tray.
Finally a Welcome screen will pop-up when installed. Go ahead and click [Next].
For further information on the availability Microsoft’s Office in Education visit their FAQ page.
For further assistance, please contact the KCC ITS Help Desk, 815-802-8900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What's New in Office 2013
For an overall look at the new features in Office 2013 click here.
For additional Office 2013 application assistance
(OneNote, Project, Publisher, Visio), please visit Microsoft's "What's New in Office 2013
" or "Office 2013 Quick Start Guides