Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
KCC > Current Students > Helpful Resources > Testing Services > Tests > GED > After You've Tested

After You've Tested

Your GED certificate will be available at the regional superintendent’s office soon after you pass the GED test, (and the Illinois Constitution exam, if you did not meet the Illinois Constitution requirements while in high school).

Request your certificate

Contact the Regional Office of Education for the county in which you reside to request your Illinois High School Equivalency Certificate and Official Transcript. Costs are $10 for the certificate and $3 for an official transcript. For Iroquois and Kankakee counties, contact:

Iroquois-Kankakee Regional Office of Education
189 E. Court St., Suite 600, Kankakee, IL 60901
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.

To locate another Regional Office of Education, go to the Illinois Community College Board’s website and search by City on the "ROE locator" or phone 217-558-5668.

Continue your education

Now that you have earned your GED, consider continuing your education. Meet with an advisor to discuss your interests and get information on KCC's programs.

To help pay for college, scholarships are available, and some are specifically for GED recipients. Contact the college of your choice for more information. At KCC, you may contact the Office of Financial Aid at 815-802-8550 or review online scholarship information.