Skip Ribbon Commands Skip to main content
KCC > Current Students > Helpful Resources > Transfer Services > Transferring from KCC

Transferring from KCC

To ensure that your credits will transfer to four-year colleges/universities, KCC participates in the Illinois Articulation Initiative (IAI), a statewide transfer agreement for general education courses.

KCC offers the required coursework for the first two years of nearly any college major and provides suggested associate degree plans if you are undecided about your senior institution. If you know where you want to transfer after completing an associate degree at KCC, consult that school's transfer guides.

iTransfer & MyCreditsTransfer powered by TransferologyTM

The iTransfer website provides information about participating institutions' majors, graduation requirements and how course credits transfer to satisfy degree requirements. 

You can load your KCC coursework into a transfer institution's degree plan to see how your courses will fulfill the four-year degree requirements. Go to MyCreditsTransfer and choose the Transferology link for more information or to create an account.  Watch this brief Transferology instructional video and sign up today!

Transfer checklist

As you prepare to transfer:

  • Choose a major - Assistance is offered by the Career Planning Services office, your advisor, and the coordinator of the Transfer Center.
  • Choose a university - Choose two or three schools you would like to attend. Consult your academic advisor each semester to choose and enroll in courses to transfer to the four-year college or university. Note the required admission GPA for your intended major and the application dates.
  • Visit two or three schools - Attend an open house or schedule a visit.
  • Apply for admission - Select your transfer college or university and check its application period for transfer students. Expect to apply a year before you plan to attend. Have your KCC transcript sent to the college or university when submitting your application.
  • Apply for financial aid - Begin the financial aid process by completing a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid).
  • File your KCC graduation petition - Schedule an appointment with your KCC academic advisor the semester prior to transfer.
  • Send your final transcript - After acceptance, have your final KCC transcript sent to the school with the degree posted.
  • Stay in touch with your transfer institution - Attend a "Transfer Day," complete the housing process and register for classes as soon as possible.