The goal of TRIO Student Support Services is to ensure qualified students get the support they need to complete their educational goals at KCC — which could include earning an associate degree — and smoothly transfer to a college or university to complete baccalaureate degrees.
Benefits of TRIO Student Support Services
- Individualized academic advising — each student builds a working relationship with an advisor.
- Educational planning — each student has a long-range, semester-by-semester plan.
- Transfer assistance — assistance will be provided with admissions procedures and financial assistance at four-year colleges. Mentoring programs at the four-year colleges also will involve faculty and/or upper-class students.
- Financial aid and scholarship application assistance — personal assistance with financial aid and scholarship applications is provided.
- Exposure to cultural events — arrangements are made for students to attend musical productions, theater productions, and other cultural events locally, in the Chicago area and throughout Illinois.
- Career development activities — realistic career planning is offered using the latest in state and government statistics on job availability and salary ranges.